How can we help?
Cancellations – Workers
Sometimes plans change and sessions get cancelled. We get it, life can be unpredictable sometimes, but cancellations can be frustrating for clients. You can help ease these frustrations by being courteous and following these guidelines:
- If a session is booked in the app both the worker and client are expected to be there. If you can’t make it, you must cancel the session in the app.
- Give as much notice as possible if you are cancelling. This gives clients time to find an alternative worker and workers time to accept an alternative session.
- Cancel the session in the app.
- Contact the person to make sure they know the session is cancelled.
Each month Suitsme has a look at the cancellation data. If you are regularly cancelling, we’ll get in touch to discuss this and we may put a plan in place to reduce your cancellations.
When will I be paid?
- If you cancel a session, then you won’t get paid.
- If a client cancels with more than eight hours’ notice, then you won’t get paid.
- If a client cancels with less than eight hours’ notice, you will be paid for the whole session.
- If you have travelled to the client and they cancel at the door or do not attend, then you will be paid for the whole session plus any travel payments you are entitled to.
- If a client sends you home early, you will be paid for the whole session.
- If you choose to leave a session early, you will be paid for the portion of the session you worked (unless you have left because an incident occurred).
Cancellations due to incidents
A session may be cut short if there is an incident. In these cases, Suitsme will charge the client for the entire booked session and pay the worker for the entire booked session.
NDIS rules state that we cannot charge a client a cancellation charge, for any time that you are re-deployed and working with another client. This means that if a client cancels with less than 8 hours notice and you reshuffle your sessions, or pick up additional sessions, then you might not get paid for all or some of the cancelled session.
- You have two sessions booked in a day 8:00 – 12:00 and 13:00 – 16:00 (total of 8 hours for the day)
- Your 8:00 – 12:00 session is cancelled at short notice.
- You move the 13:00 – 16:00 session to 10:00 – 14:00
- You will now be paid a total of 6 hours for the day:
- 8:00-10:00 (2 hours) cancelation
- 10:00 – 14:00 (4 hours worked)