How can we help?
I don’t want support from Suitsme anymore, what do I do?
We really hope that this is because you have achieved your goals and no longer require support.
If you are leaving Suitsme because you are unhappy with your services, we would love to talk to you so we can make things better. You can find out more about how to give feedback or make a complaint here.
Suitsme does not require a notice period if you wish to cease services. If you decide to leave Suitsme and change provider, then please contact Suitsme to let us know.
Will Suitsme support me to change provider?
Yes, we are happy to support you to change provider, but you need to let us know when you want us to do. Some of the things we can do are:
- “Handover” to your new provider – This means we share the information that we have about you so that you can avoid having to retell your story and preferences.
- Work with your new provider to align timing to ensure you are not left without support at any stage.
- Do buddy sessions – This means a Suitsme worker and a worker from your new provider would both attend for one or two sessions.
- Write a provider report which can be used as evidence in your next plan review.
Suitsme will need to use some of your funding to do these things, and we can let you know how much as part of the transition process.
What about my funding?
If you get a new plan and change provider:
Please contact Suitsme to let us know. If you don’t contact us then we will contact you to confirm that you no longer require support from us. Let us know if there is any information that you would like us to pass on to your new provider. Nothing needs to be updated in the app or on the NDIS portal.
If you change provider midway through a plan:
You have a couple of options here:
- You can contact Suitsme and let us know. We can make the required changes in the app and on the NDIS portal.
- You can cease services using the app and the NDIS portal. To do this, simply:
- Cancel any booked sessions in the app.
- Reduce your budgets in the app, either to $0, or just enough to cover any remaining sessions (and transport).
If your funding is self or plan managed, that’s all you need to do.
If your funding is NDIA managed, go to the NDIS portal and either end your service booking, leaving enough to cover any remaining sessions you have booked. Someone from Suitsme will still try to contact you to get feedback about Suitsme and how we could do better.
What happens if I don’t let Suitsme know?
We strongly encourage you to let us know if you are ceasing support with us. As long as you have a service agreement with us, we have a duty of care to you so we will make every effort to contact you. We will charge your funding for the time it takes us to follow up and fulfil our duty of care to you.
This can include:
- Attempting to contact you by phone call, email and text message.
- Contacting your emergency contacts to find out if you are ok
- Contacting your Support Coordinator or Psychosocial Recovery Coach to find out if you intend to cease services with us.
- Conducting or arranging a welfare check.