How can we help?
Joining the Suitsme team
Who is Suitsme looking for?
First and foremost, we are looking for people who identify with our values and who are passionate about disability and mental health. The other big thing we look for is a relevant qualification.
Here are some qualifications we look for:
- Completion of Cert III, Cert IV or a diploma in any of the following areas: Mental health, mental health peer work, community services, individualised services, disability, youth work, alcohol and other drugs.
- Completion of or progress towards a bachelor degree in allied health or nursing.
This isn’t an exhaustive list. If you have a qualification you think it is relevant, please feel free to apply and explain it to us or contact us and we can chat about it.
If you don’t have a formal qualification, then you may still be able to work for us if you can demonstrate extensive experience and on-the-job learning.
Suitsme is committed to offering a wide and diverse range of staff for clients to choose from. People who identify as:
- Having a lived experience of mental illness;
- Having a disability;
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander;
- Culturally and linguistically diverse; and/or
are encouraged to apply with Suitsme. At times Suitsme may target recruitment within these groups based on client demand.
Suitsme sounds right for me, what next?
There’s a few simple steps to get started with Suitsme:
- Build your profile
- Provide your registration documents
- Employment Contract
Build your profile
- Download the Suitsme app here.
- Sign up with an email address and some basic personal information.
- The app will guide you through. You can also check out the profile questions page for some hints on creating an awesome profile.
- Watch the in-app information video.
Provide your registration documents
To work for Suitsme, you’ll need to send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Proof of any qualifications you list in your resume
- Two references. At least one of your referees needs to be a line manager of a previous (or current) employer. If this is your first job ever and you don’t have any professional references Suitsme will interview you. Submit all of the other documents listed here and we will contact you to arrange an interview.
- Photo ID
- Driver’s license that allows you to drive in your State.
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module Certificate
- Proof of right to work in Australia:
- Australian birth certificate
- Certificate of Australian citizenship
- Australian or New Zealand passport
- Evidence of permanent resident status
- Temporary visa with entitlement to work
- NDIS Worker Screening clearance
- Suitsme’s NDIS Organisation ID is: 4-4GHG-754. Our address is 255 Hay St, Subiaco, WA 6008. You’ll need these when you apply for your clearance.
- You must have a clearance. As you will be working independently with clients in the community, we are not able to meet the supervision requirements for you to start with a pending application.
- If you want an update on your application, please contact the NDIS Worker Screening Unit on 1800 225 558.
Some clients have specific requirements and may be looking for a worker with specific training. You are welcome to send us:
- Evidence that you are vaccinated against Covid 19.
- Evidence that you are vaccinated against the Flu
- Any other relevant certificates etc that you may hold, for example:
- First Aid
- Mental Health First Aid
- Hand Hygiene
- Infection Control
- Dysphagia training
Get Verified by Suitsme
We’ll check the information you send us and contact your referees. We’ll contact you if there are any complications.
Once you’re verified, we’ll send you a contract to sign and return to us. We use a service called hellosign so you won’t need to print or scan anything.
You also need to submit your Tax File Number Declaration and Superannuation (super) Standard Choice Form via ATO Online in your myGov.
Once these steps have been completed, we’ll make your profile visible to clients and they can start booking you!
Maintaining your registration
Suitsme tracks your NDIS Worker Screening Clearance (and your work rights if you are on a visa). It’s your responsibility to keep all documents up to date with Suitsme. If you were not fully vaccinated against Covid19 when you commenced with Suitsme, you are required to provide evidence that you are vaccinated within the government stipulated timeframes.
If you no longer meet our verification requirements then we will:
- email you to let you know
- deactivate your profile, and
- cancel any shifts you have booked until you provide current documents.
You also have a responsibility to inform Suitsme of any changes that may impact your ability to fulfil your role. These include any changes to your registration documents.