How can we help?
New Worker FAQs
I’m a new worker, what do I need to know?
Most of what you need to know is in the induction videos which you watched when you signed up on the app. If you need a refresher, you can watch them anytime on Suitsme’s website.
I don’t have any session requests. How can I get some?
Clients browse your profiles when looking for a Mental Health support worker. Your availability and being able to reliably provide supports without cancelling are important to clients, so they will choose you based on these type of criteria. Other profile tips can be found here to increase your chances of finding work.
The other other way of picking up sessions is to keep an eye on emails from Suitsme management. We regularly send out requests on behalf of clients for Mental Health support workers that can meet their needs.
I’ve just got my first request, what do I do?
How exciting! Before you accept it, have a read through the client’s profile.
- If you are happy to work with the client, accept the session.
- If you are unable to complete the session due to the time:
- propose an alternative time via the app, and
- review your availability in the app to ensure this doesn’t happen again.
- If you are unwilling to work with the client based on the information in their profile:
- message the client and politely explain why. You should give a reason that is about you, e.g. I don’t feel that I have the right skillset to support you
- decline the session
I’m about to have my first session, what do I do?
- The client is the boss. Most sessions mean doing what they ask you to do, however some clients may need you to help them work out what they want to do. You can use our goal setting document to guide you with this.
- When you meet any client for the first time, you need to:
a. Read their profile, especially the alerts
b. Complete the in app risk assessment checklist. It should match the alerts that are on the client’s profile. If you identify new risks, politely leave and submit an incident report.
- Message the client before you attend to introduce yourself. They might not message back but you should at still try.
- When you finish your session, you will need to mark the session complete in the app. If you don’t finalise the session then we don’t know that it happened, so you won’t get paid for it.